Identity of the controller
ORIOR AG, Dufourstrasse 101, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can reach our data protection officer at: Data protection officer of ORIOR AG, Dufourstrasse 101, 8008 Zurich, Switzerland or by email to email@example.com
Purpose and basis for data processing
The data processing is carried out to analyse the internet traffic of our website and to improve the functionality of our website. The processing of your data is based on your consent or is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests of Biotta.
Kinds of personal data and where it comes from
We process personal data arising from your use of our website or which you provide to us via our website.
Recipients of personal data
Your data will not be transferred to any third party. However, we work with IT providers, who are responsible for backing up all data.
Collection of personal data during informational use of our website
We do not collect any personal data if you use this website for purely informational purposes – except data that your browser transmits to enable you to visit the website.
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted in each case
- Website from which the request originates
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
(1) Additionally, cookies are stored on your computer when you use the website. Cookies are small text files that are allocated to the browser you are using and saved on your hard drive, by way of which certain information is passed on to the provider that set the cookie (in this case, us). Their purpose is to make the online service more user-friendly and effective.
(2) This website uses transient cookies (temporary use until you close your browser) and persistent cookies (which continue after your browser is closed):
Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a session ID with which different requests by your browser can be assigned to a common session. These allow for your computer to be recognized when you return to the website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a predetermined amount of time that can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
(3) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, for example to block third-party cookies or all cookies. However, please note that you may then not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies,” text files that are stored on your computer and permit an analysis of your use of the website. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website is generally transmitted to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not matched with any other data from Google. Moreover, we have extended Google Analytics on this website using the “anonymizeIP” code. This guarantees the masking of your IP address, allowing for all data to be collected anonymously. The full IP address is only sent to a Google server in the U.S., and abbreviated there, in exceptional cases.
(2) Google uses this information on our behalf to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide us with other services related to website usage and internet usage. You can prevent the storage of cookies through the corresponding setting in your browser software; however, please note that if you do so, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website to their full extent.
(3) You can additionally prevent Google’s collection of the information generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and Google’s processing of this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available here. As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent data collection through Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that will prevent future collection of your data during visits to this website. The opt-out cookie only applies to this browser and only for our website and will be stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again
(4) We use Google Analytics including the functions of Universal Analytics. Universal Analytics allows us to analyse the activities on our pages across devices (e.g. for access from a laptop and later from a tablet). This is made possible by assigning a pseudonym user ID to a user. Such an assignment occurs, for example, when you register for a customer account or log in with your customer account. However, no personal data is forwarded to Google. Even if additional features are added to Google Analytics with Universal Analytics, this does not involve a restriction on measures designed to protect your privacy such as IP masking or the browser add-on.
Use of Facebook Pixel
This website uses the so-called "Facebook Pixel" and the Conversions API of the social network "Facebook" for the following purposes:
- Facebook (website) Custom Audiences
We use the Facebook pixel and the Conversions API for remarketing purposes to be able to contact you again within 180 days. This allows us to display interest-based advertisements ("Facebook Ads") to users of the website when they visit the social network "Facebook" or other websites also using this tool. In this way, we pursue the interest in displaying advertisements that are of interest to you in order to make our website or offers more interesting for you.
- Facebook conversion
We also use the Facebook Pixel and the Conversions API to ensure that our Facebook Ads match the potential interest of users and are not annoying. With the help of the Facebook Pixel, we can track the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes by seeing whether users were redirected to our website after clicking on a Facebook ad (so-called "conversion").
The processing of this data by Facebook takes place within the framework of Facebook's data policy. Special information and details about the Facebook pixel, the Conversions API and its functionality can also be found in the Facebook help area.
Biotta AG provides natural persons with a community platform on the Internet so that persons can exchange information about the Biotta Wellness Week. In addition, individuals can register for a 7-day newsletter, print out vouchers or view further information about the Wellness Week.
Basically, all personal data is collected that arises in the context of the Biotta Wellness Week Community on biotta.ch. This includes in particular:
- data entered by users via online forms, including personal data (name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, etc.);
- automatically transmitted or accrued usage data (e.g. date and time of use, previous and accessed page, IP address, data on the browser used, device identifier, current location, insofar as this information is released, etc.) as well as interaction data.
This data can be linked to each other, even across multiple visits and contacts, if a user or profile is recognized, for example, on the basis of a user name, an e-mail address, a device identifier or "cookies" stored in the browser.
Duration of storage
Unless otherwise stated, we store usage data and other personal data as long as we think necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or otherwise for the purposes for which they are processed. We will delete your data as soon as it is no longer needed and in any case after the expiry of any legally prescribed maximum retention period.
Rights of the data subject
If the legal requirements are met, you have the following rights:
- Right to access and information
- Right to rectification if there are mistakes
- Right to delete your data
- Right to restrict the processing of your data
In addition, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data, which is based on your consent or our legitimate interests.
To assert your rights, please contact the responsible data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to complain to the supervisory authority
If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal data, please contact us via the email address above.
We maintain up-to-date technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data from risks during data transmission and from being accessed by third parties. These are adjusted according to the current state of technology.
Date of last revision: November 24th, 2021